Ear-biting street thug is struck down by 16-year-old martial arts world champion
That’s when an ear-biting thug got his reward when he got into a fight with a 16-year-old martial arts world champion.
The yob threatened student Alex Williams, while he was on lunch break with a friend, Teesside Live reports.
Shouting “I’m going to beat your head” and “I’m going to stab you in the alley”, unfortunately for him, the bully had chosen the wrong boy.
At that point, Alex, multiple world junior jiu-jitsu champion from Brazil, went into defensive mode.
READ MORE: Dan Walker rushed to hospital hours before Strictly Come Dancing started
Video footage shows the moment Alex delivered a signature double-leg takedown that allowed him to restrain the adult man to the ground on Guisborough High Street.
Speaking of the incident, Alex, from Redcar, told Teesside Live: âAs he got closer to me, I saw an opportunity to defend myself and fight back, so I took it.
âWhen the fight or flight begins you have to choose one or the other and I chose to fight back and I was focused.
âObviously I was worried in case he had a knife on him because he threatened to stab me, but in situations like this it’s about survival and I was luckily ready for him. “
The 30-second clip – which has since gone viral – shows the man trying and failing to attack Alex for the second time.
“I thought after I shot him the first time he left but he came back for more so I just kept trying to hold him back without hitting him.
âI was in a sitting position and the movement came naturally to me because I practiced it thousands of times in training.
“My main goal was to safely defuse the situation.”
Eventually, the man walked away and Alex, a student from Prior Pursglove College, called Cleveland Police.
“There was blood all over the place and I realized it had gotten a piece of my ear off,” added Alex, who studies math, accounting and economics.
“I went to the hospital to get it cleaned and now I have six stitches.”
Alex, who is trained in BJJ, MMA, mixed martial arts and wrestling at SBG South Shields, says he hopes his experience will inspire others to take up a combat sport.
He added: âI just saw it as a brawl, but now about 1.3 million people have watched the video, I can’t believe it.
“It’s really surreal – but I’m happy that it has raised awareness of other young people like me to hopefully inspire them to get into a combat sport or something where they can learn to defend themselves safely. . “
The clip was shared by professional fighter and trainer Alex Enlund who praised Alex for his efforts.
He tweeted: âAlex is showing poise, restraint and courage to handle this situation.
“Take your child to martial arts and combat sports, he is unlikely to become the bully due to the humility learned on mats.”
Cleveland police confirmed the force had received a report of “unprovoked assault.”
A spokeswoman said: “Police were contacted just before 2 p.m. Tuesday by a member of the public reporting an unprovoked assault on a 16-year-old boy in Guisborough about an hour earlier.
âThe boy had been verbally threatened and then assaulted by a man, who may have been with another man.
âHe had bruises and a bite to his ear. The appellant provided first aid while his parents were contacted to take him for further medical examinations and treatment.
“Officers spoke to his parents again later that day and arranged for an officer to come to the boy’s home address to get more details.”
Investigations are ongoing and anyone who has not yet spoken to police is urged to contact Cleveland Police at number 101, citing reference 155715.
Subscribe to MEN newsletters to receive the latest sports information, news, news and more by following this link