Southwest Atlanta Stabbing + Suspected Arson + AIDS Walk
Get up and over to them, Atlanta! Catch up with yourselves to start this Saturday on an informed note. Here is what is happening in the city today.
Are you a local business owner or trader in Atlanta? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Partly cloudy all day. High: 76 Low: 58.
Here are the best stories today in Atlanta:
- Police are looking for a suspect after a man was stabbed to death in southwest Atlanta Friday morning. The stabbing took place near the 700 block of Bonnie Brae Avenue SW At around 2:27 a.m., doctors transported the victim to a nearby hospital, but he did not survive his injuries. (FOX 5 Atlanta)
- Eight families have been displaced after flames broke out on a second-story bridge in what authorities are investigating a suspected arson attack. The fire broke out around 1:30 p.m. at Pavilion Place Apartments in the 500 block of Cleveland Avenue. There was no one inside the building when the firefighters arrived and no one was injured. (The Atlanta Journal Constitution)
- Directory AIDS Walk Atlanta and Music Festival is back on September 25 at Piedmont Park after being canceled last year due to the pandemic. (CBS46 Atlanta News)
- Downton Abbey: the exhibition opens this Saturday, September 25 at Point Perimeter.(CBS46 Atlanta News)
- Meet the LGBTQ candidates running for the next Atlanta-regional elections. (Voice of Georgia)
Today in Atlanta:
- Ford Driving Skills for Life – Atlanta Motor Speedway (7:30 a.m.)
- 5K “Spark the Conversation” race for the benefit of Heads Up for Harry – Marist High School (8:30 am)
- Discover Ponce de Leon: A Walking Tour of the Ponce Corridor – Atlanta Preservation Center (10:00 am)
- Atlanta BeltLine Food and Art Tour – Atlanta BeltLine Eastside Trail (11:00 am)
- Basic Income Rally – Georgia Beer Garden (2:00 p.m.)
- Wine tasting basics – Wine shoe (2:00 p.m.)
- Tribute by Tony Tatum to the music of K-Ci, JoJo, Boyz 2 Men and more – 3220 Butner Rd. (7:00 p.m.)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are all taken for today! I’ll be in your inbox on Monday with your next update. If you like these newsletters, consider bringing friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe. Have a good week-end!
– Sammi Caramela
About me: Associate Editor at Lightning Media Partners and author of “Some Place Like Home”.